Ensure Your ATMs are Compliant with the New ADA Regulations
ATMWholesaler.com Can Help.
If you are like most small business owners and Independent ATM Distributors (IADs), you are concerned about how you will ensure that the ATM machines in your portfolio are fully ADA (disability compliant) by the final deadline of March 15th, 2012. If you are not familiar with the new handicap compliant ATM regulations, this process might be very confusing. ATMWholesaler.com has helpful technical support staff who would be happy to go over the new ADA upgrade kits available and help you to determine which ADA stickers or upgrades your ATM machines will need to become fully ADA Compliant. There are two major aspects to the new handicap compliant ATM rules;
ADA ATM Machine Physical Access Requirements
- Height and Reach – The controls for the ATM must be within a reach not exceeding 48 inches and no lower than 15 inches.
- Accessibility - ATMs must be accessible and free from obstructions.
- Floor Space – Excluding drive-up ATMs, clear floor space must be available equaling 30 inches wide by 48 inches from the front of the machine.
ADA ATM Machine Communication Requirements
- Speech – All ATM machines must be speech enabled so they are able to be used by those with vision impairment, and Braille instructions must be included to indicate how these speech functions may be accessed.
- Input Controls – Must be discernible tactilely for every function
- Numeric & Function Keys – The keypad must be arranged in specific layouts and the function keys must be easily distinguished visually from any background surfaces.
- Display Area – The screen must be visible 40 inches above floor level.
These new ADA ATM regulations may seem complex, but now is the time to establish a plan to ensure your compliance in the 17-month grace period. Anyone whose ATMs are not in full ADA compliance within the allotted time frame could face a $55,000 penalty for just a first offense. It is important that you find out which kinds of brailed stickers, ADA upgrade kits, and communications packages your ATM machines will require in order to become fully ADA handicapped compliant to avoid these excessive fees and potential litigation. ATMWholesaler.com offers full ADA upgrade kits, ADA stickers, brailed stickers, and the knowledge to help you determine which of these products the ATMs in your portfolio require in order to become compliant with the new ADA regulations. At ATMWholesaler.com, we have the knowledge to help you determine what your ATM machines require, and help you come up with a budget and service plan to make sure you meet the ADA deadline. Call us today for a free consultation at 734-775-7400.